Monday, January 24, 2011

Creamy Macaroni and Cheese on the Food Network

Over the weekend we went to a potluck. They are not one of my husbands favorite things to do. We all survived. LOL! When I was younger our church had a potluck the first Sunday of the month. I always remember all the ladies with their crockpots filled to the top. Fast forward 20 years and I'm bringing my crockpot filled with food. I've noticed not everyone seems to....ummm.....bring enough food to share let alone feed their own family. We have been to potlucks where there hasn't even been enough food for everyone there. An email went out to our small group to bring a dish to share. They even said make sure it is enough to feed your family and more. We all were also asked to bring a drink to share. I brought my crockpot filled with mac & cheese and a gallon of lemonade. Most of the older ladies ladies brought a lot of food and few ladies my age. Then there were a few ladies my age that well didn't share the load. One family came with this little 8 oz. container of slaw. Another family(mom and dad w/ 3 kids) came with 2 little subs and 3 soads.
Do you do the potluck thing? If you do what is your go to recipe? Do you share the load? Okay you don't need to answer my last question. At the bottom of this post is the link to the mac&cheese recipe I made. Paula Deen and you cook it in the crockpot. It was so good.




No comments: